How to Think Like an Energetic Person
(Photo by Mixall11)
These days it’s quite common knowledge that our attitude and state of mind directly affects our physical state.
Yet, many people are constantly worried, stressed out or simply bored and unhappy. Others are always busy thinking about how tired they are. Having such kind mind-set can only help to make you tired and unmotivated.
Here are a few changes of mindset that you can start applying right now, to increase your physical and mental energy…
You should BE energetic before you become energetic – Walk tall, speak out loud, and move about energetically. Do your best to never look tired. Soon your mind will start believing your body!
Take Control of Your Energy Level
Keep track of your physical and mental level of energy. Notice how it’s affected by anything – what you eat or drink, your sleep and wake up time, places you go to, people you talk to, anything.
Start eliminate “energy wasters” from your life, like negative thinking and ‘insignificant others’ that suck the life force out of you :-( and of course – do the things that increase your energy level – turn those into habits.
Negative thinking is one of the most common ‘energy drainers’. You have to avoid it as much as you can.
‘Always look on the bright side of life’ (One of my favorite clichès) – It really only takes some practice. You can “train” yourself to think more positively…
- At any situation, try to find the positive side.
- Be grateful. Just look closely and realize how fortunate you are. Make a list of all the good things in your life, and remind it to yourself everyday
- Accept obstacles as part of life; see them as challenges, and failures and disappointments – as lessons. Learn from them and move on.
Eliminate (or ignore) ‘Energy Drainers’
- News is stressful. Get less of it. (I personally stopped watching the news or reading newspaper years ago). In general, “filter” information. You don’t have to know about everybody else’s problems.
- Accept people for who or what they are, avoid clashes and arguments. Arguments are almost always pointless, and in most cases (in my experience) the best response is – no response at all. try it!
- Every time someone gets on your nerves or hurts in you in some way, don’t waste time thinking about it too much, dismiss it as something of the past as quickly as you can.
Take the Next Steps to Become Energetic…
Having the right mindset is usually not enough to make you energetic. There are a few other factors that determine your energy level – mainly your sleep, nutrition and physical activity.
Improving each one of those areas may take time and effort, and you’d probably have to make a few changes to your habits and your lifestyle. That’s never too easy…
Remember to keep the right mindset, while working on changing your habits. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Take small steps and give yourself time to adjust.
Set yourself short term, challenging, yet achievable goals, remind yourself every day WHY you’re doing it, and be proud and happy for any small achievement along the way.
When you fail, and you will, don’t beat yourself up and don’t give up. Accept it as part of the process and keep on going toward your goals.
I’m sure you already know about a few things that you do (or don’t do) that lower your energy level. Why not start there?
Pick one, set a goal, make a plan and take the first step…
Tell me how it goes.
(If you haven’t yet, join in to get more information and free downloads to help you get the power to take action »)